January 20, 2008

Camera/Workout DVD Suggestions

Hi all,
I need to get a new camera since mine died the other day. It was a Sony Cybershot and I really liked it. After borrowing my sister-in-law's camera (for last weekend in Flagstaff-Evan & Jose's 1st time seeing snow!!), I realized that I don't want a Nikon...it took forever to get ready for each photo! So frustrating! So, if you all have any recommendations, I would appreciate it. Right now I have been looking at Sonys, but I am a little worried about them breaking, since mine went out after 2 1/2 yrs. I know my dad has a Kodak that still takes great pictures after almost 4 years!

Also, do any of you have any suggestions for a good workout DVD I could do at home? I was thinking something like kick boxing...something that doesn't require a bunch of stuff to buy and store in my tiny little house...as Christina knows, I don't have a basement and my garage is getting pretty full! I also want something that keeps me on my feet...I bought both Yoga and Pilates DVDs but they didn't work since my kid thinks its fun to tackle me while I'm trying to do it. So if I could avoid that, I would be happy!
Thanks!

2 comments:

Stephanie Ellis said...

I am a huge fan of Cathe Friedrich. I try to do her workouts a few times per week. Most of her videos do require equipment (step, weights, resistance band, ball), but you can go on her website www.cathe.com and in the summary of each DVD you can see what equipment is needed. If I remember correctly, you don't need anything for her kick, punch, and crunch workout.
Also, you could try checking out some DVD's at your library to see what you like/don't like. That really helped me before I forked out the money for the DVD's.

Melissa M. said...

Thanks for the tip about the library...I never thought of that. I got a Dancing with the Stars workout DVD and its really cool except you have to be super coordinated to do it! I know I must look like an idiot trying to dance along! It definitely is not for beginner dancers!